Thursday, October 10, 2024

 If I don’t keep up, I forget what I have done! Three days seem to be the max. Especially since I keep changing my plans according to the whims of the weather gods and my own whims. Tuesday, wandered around a lovely part of London where the lawyers and law courts dwell. Green and peaceful (especially considering what goes on there). Feels like a place that fosters deep and clear thought, despite the pressures. Full of ancient but well-refurbished buildings housing the various law firms for hundreds of years. Definite highlight of the day was a visit to St. Bartholomew’s Church, built in 1123 and in continuous use since then. It survived both wars (including the Blitz) and is said to be the only place in London where Mary made a visitation. A most beautiful and sacred environment, having enjoyed the blessings of a thousand years of prayers. Loved meditating there.





1 comment: